First and foremost, let me give a huge thank you to I’m All Booked Up for nominating me for this award!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask ‘your nominees’ 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
What genre of books can you not live without?
I dabble in other genres, but I’m a fantasy girl through and through. Bonus points if the fantasy book has dragons.
You’re packing for a week’s vacation and can only pack books you already own: which three do you bring?
I’m going to start right off by cheating. Isn’t that awesome of me? Instead of taking three books, I’m picking two books and a trilogy. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you won’t be remotely surprised by my choices of: The Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy, The Night Circus, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Which of your favorite books would you like to see become a Netflix series?
Absolutely none of them, unless I’m casting, writing the script, and directing. If I love a book, I want it to be left alone. I’m persnickety like that.
What was the last book series you binged?
I honestly couldn’t say. Usually what happens is I get a book, I love the book, then realize the sequel isn’t out yet. I read multiple books at once, though, so my reading habits are all kinds of wonky.
If you could only have three apps on your phone for blogging, which ones would you pick?
The only blogging apps that I have on my phone are WordPress and Twitter.
What is your dream literary-inspired Halloween costume?
I don’t dress up for Halloween all that often, but I did dress as a rêveur from The Night Circus one year. I suppose going as Raistlin from Dragons of Spring Dawning could be fun.
If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d love to visit anyplace that has autumn leaves right now. The leaves don’t change color where I currently live, and I really miss the beautiful reds and golds.
Which book character do you relate to most?
I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. Just kidding. I think I’m more of a conglomeration of many characters that I’ve read over the years.
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
I drink coffee at breakfast, right before bed (it doesn’t keep me awake at night, I think I’ve built up an immunity), and sometimes in the middle of the afternoon. Hmmm…I’m not drinking too much coffee, am I?
Do you want to publish a novel one day?
There’s always been an author niggle at the back of my brain, but I really don’t have any ideas. If I get an idea that I feel needs to come out, I’ll write then. Whether it would be any good is a completely different question.
Which author would you most like to have dinner with?
I think having dinner with Alexander Dumas would be absolutely fascinating. He has a history, his dad was an interesting person in his own right, and if Dumas spoke the way he wrote, it would be an engrossing meal.
- What’s your go-to genre?
- What is a book or series that you’re forever singing the praises of?
- What do you love about blogging?
- Are there any books that you read specifically at a certain time of year?
- What’s the best book you read in 2019?
- What non-bookish thing do you do for fun?
- Which author would you like to have dinner with?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?
- What book character do you most relate to?
- What is your favorite reading spot?
- What new or upcoming release are you most excited for?